TELUS Refer-a-Friend Program Terms and Conditions
Here's how it works:
- All TELUS customers will need to log in with their My TELUS credentials to access the referral platform.
- In the referral platform, an existing customer can send a referral through email, SMS, Twitter, Facebook page post, or Facebook message.
- Once the referral is sent, the friend/family member will be sent an email prompting them to sign up to the referral platform.
- If your friend/family member activates a new in-market Your Choice or Voice postpaid consumer account, you will receive a one-time bill credit. Bill credits will vary by province. You can refer an unlimited number of people, but will only receive bill credits for a maximum of 6 successful referrals per calendar year. Bill credits are applied within 3-4 weeks of process completion and will appear on you and your friend/family member’s next bill.
- Once referral is received, the friend/family member has 15 days to sign up to the referral platform.
- The friend/family member must join TELUS on a new in-market Your Choice or Voice postpaid consumer plan. This program is only available for new TELUS mobility customers.
- After activation, the friend/family member will need to log in to My TELUS to verify their account. They can do this by clicking the link in the email they received after claiming their offer, and logging in to My TELUS. They must complete this step within 30 days of initial registration.
- Bill credits are applied within 3-4 weeks of process completion and will appear on you and your friend/family member’s next bill.
- Activate a new smartphone with TELUS online or in-store and follow the steps below within 30 days of receiving this email
- Visit telus.com/mytelus to set up a My TELUS account
- Revisit this email and select Complete my referral below, to redeem your referral offer
- Activate a new smartphone on a new line with TELUS either online or in-store and follow the steps below within 30 days of receiving this email
- Visit telus.com/mytelus and set up a My TELUS account
- Link your My TELUS account to the primary account number by selecting Link an account from the My TELUS menu options
- The primary account holder will receive a confirmation email with steps to complete the account link
- Once accounts are linked, revisit this email and select Complete my referral to redeem your referral offer
Terms and conditions:
- To make a referral as part of the Program, you must have a current consumer TELUS Mobility account.
- Referrals are valid if Referrer and Referee are on the same account. Tablet plans and connected accessories (including smart watches, Drive+, etc.) are excluded.
- TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this Program.
- You and your referrals have to accept the Program Terms to participate in the Program.
- To be eligible for the referral credit, you must (i) explain the Program to your referrals and obtain consent from each referral to use their personal information for the purpose of sending them the referral and (ii) abide by these Program Terms. Referrals must provide consent to use of their personal information in order to participate in the Program.
- Both you and your referrals must have either a Your Choice postpaid consumer account or a TELUS Voice plan – the program is not available to prepaid customers. Please note, business and corporate accounts are also not eligible for this credit.
- To be eligible for the referral credit, both of you must have active service with TELUS and be in good standing when the credits are applied.
- The referral credit is not available for referring existing customers (the referral must be a new TELUS Mobile customer).
- There is no limit to the number of referral offers you can send to your friends. However, you will receive credit for a maximum of 6 successful referrals per calendar year.
- The referral credit is not applicable to TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing.
- Referrals are allowed on the same BAN. If you add a friend or family member to your account, both bill credits will be applied to your account.
- When referring subscribers, you must meet the referral program terms and conditions, and send and acknowledge the referral, before activating the line. Referral credits will not be awarded for past activations where the new line was not referred as per referral program terms.
- Referees cannot accept more than one referral offer as part of this Program. If a Referee receives multiple offers, a credit will be applied to the account of the current TELUS customer whose referral the Referee accepted through the Program.
- TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to a your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
- TELUS may end the Program or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any referral credits.
All information collected by the referral form will be used for the purposes of the referral program only. Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telusmobility.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.