TELUS Refer-a-Friend Program Terms and Conditions
Here's how it works:
- All TELUS customers will need to login with their My Account credentials to access the referral platform.
- In the referral platform, an existing customer can send a referral through e-mail, SMS, Twitter, Facebook page post, or Facebook message.
- Once the referral is sent, the family member/friend will be sent an email prompting them to sign up to the referral platform.
If your family member/friend activates a new in-market Your Choice or Voice postpaid consumer account, you will receive a $50 bill credit in 3-4 weeks (Max $300/year).
- Once referral is received, the family/friend has two weeks to sign up to the referral platform.
- The family/friend must join TELUS on a new in-market Your Choice or Voice postpaid consumer plan. This program is only available for new TELUS mobility customers.
- After activation, the family/friend will need to verify new phone number through the referral platform, within 30 days of initial registration.
- Within 3-4 weeks, a $50 credit will be applied to next bill.
Terms and conditions:
- To make a referral as part of the Program, you must have a current consumer TELUS Mobility account.
- Referrals are not valid if Referrer and Referee are on the same account. Tablet plans are excluded.
- TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this Program.
- You and your referrals have to accept the Program Terms to participate in the Program.
- To be eligible for the referral credit, you must (i) explain the Program to your referrals and obtain consent from each referral to use their personal information for the purpose of sending them the referral and (ii) abide by these Program Terms. Referrals must provide consent to use of their personal information in order to participate in the Program.
- Both you and your referrals must have either a Your Choice postpaid consumer account or a TELUS Voice plan - the program is not available to prepaid customers. Please note, business and corporate accounts are also not eligible for this credit.
- To be eligible for the referral credit, both of you must have active service with TELUS and be in good standing when the credits are applied.
- There is no limit to the number of referral offers you can send to your friends. However, you're limited to a maximum of $300 in credit per calendar year.
- The referral credit is not applicable to TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing.
- The referral credit is not available for referring existing customers (the referral must be a new TELUS Mobility customer), this includes referring yourself for an additional line. A referral must be received before a customer activates with TELUS to be eligible for the bill credit.
- Referrals cannot accept more than one referral offer as part of this Program. If a Referee receives multiple offers, a credit will be applied to the account of the current TELUS customer whose referral the Referee accepted through the Program.
- TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to a your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
- TELUS may end the Program or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any referral credits.
All information collected by the referral form will be used for the purposes of the referral program only. Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telusmobility.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.