TELUS Refer a friend Program Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions:
- To make a referral as part of the Program, you must have a current consumer TELUS Mobility account.
- You and your referrals have to accept the Program Terms and Conditions to participate in the Program.
- All referrals have to be made using the referral system on telus.com/refer
- To be eligible for the referral credit, both Referrer and Friend must have active service with TELUS and have no overdue amount at the time of referral. The person being referred must keep their account active for 90 days after activating. If service is terminated within 90 days of activating, the bill credit will be charged back to both their account and the account of the person who referred them.
- To be eligible for the referral credit, you must (i) explain the Program to your referrals and obtain consent from each referral to use their personal information for the purpose of sending them the referral and (ii) abide by these Program Terms. Referrals must provide consent to use of their personal information in order to participate in the Program.
- Both you and your referrals must have a postpaid consumer mobility account. The program is not available to prepaid customers. Please note, business and corporate accounts are also not eligible for this credit.
- Referrals are valid if Referrer and Friend are on the same account. Both bill credits will be applied to the primary account. Tablet plans, connected accessories (including smart watches, Drive+, etc.), and Wireless Home Phone activations are not eligible to participate in the referral program.
- When referring subscribers, you must meet the referral program terms and conditions, including sending and claiming the referral before activating the new line. Referral credits will not be awarded for past activations where the new line was not referred as per referral program terms
- The referral credit is not available for referring existing customers (the referral must be a new TELUS Mobility customer).
- There is no limit to the number of referral offers you can send to your friends. However, you will receive credit for a maximum of 6 successful referrals per calendar year. Additional lines on the account can send referrals, but the entire account will still be held to the maximum of 6 successful referrals per calendar year. Referees who are referred past the referrers 6 referral maximum will continue to receive the referral credit.
- The referral credit value may vary by province. TELUS reserves the right to adjust the credit amount applied to your bill, if the province you selected prior to sending a referral differs from the province of your billing address.
- Credit provided is discretionary and includes applicable taxes (based on the taxes levied in the province of supply) therefore the value displayed on your bill is the value before tax. For example, a $10 discretionary credit offered in ON includes $1.15 HST, meaning the credit value displayed will be $8.85. The $1.15 HST is captured as a reduction in the amount of tax charged on your balance owing. For more information, please visit telus.com/billcredits
- The referral credit is not applicable to TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing.
- Friends cannot accept more than one referral offer as part of this Program. If a Friend receives multiple offers, a credit will be applied to the account of the current TELUS customer whose referral the Friend accepted through the Program.
- Refer a friend credits are non-refundable and will not be paid out upon the termination or cancellation closure of a subscriber line.
- TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to a your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
- TELUS may end the Program or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any referral credits.
All information collected by the referral form will be used for the purposes of the referral program only. Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telusmobility.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.